Thursday, August 3, 2017

Carols Of Christmas Foil Frenzy Cards - Stampin' Up Global Artisan Design Team Hop

Hi stampers!  I know it's always Christmas in July but today we have Christmas in August!  The Artisans are at it again with the Carols of Christmas stamp set and card front builder thinlit dies.  We hope to inspire you to purchase these and get a head start on your Christmas crafting!  It's really never too early for that.  Every year in December, I wished I'd started just a little bit earlier :-) Customers can get them RIGHT NOW!  And remember, when you buy the bundle, you save 10 percent!


Take a trip around the globe with us and see what we've got for you.  Don't forget to use Google Translate to keep up with what's going down!

What I really love about this bundle, is how well it works with things already in our annual catalog!  I went pretty traditional last time with my cards so I set out to do something a little less traditional this time around.  As I was browsing my supplies, I noticed that the soft sky foil frenzy paper with the dots looked like falling snow!  And then I realized the lemon lime twist sheet with the triangles looked like little Christmas or pine trees, does it not????


For my peace on Earth card, I went with a soft sky and tranquil tide color combination.  I think it's a bit non-traditional but still kind very wintery!  For my ribbon, I just ran a strip of adhesive down the middle of my tag and put my ribbon down on it, looping it around the way I wanted it.

I had to use the deck the halls stamp on the "Christmas tree" card!  And I thought the ornaments were the perfect touch with the greenery.  I think these little ornament dies get overlooked for some of the "cooler" die cuts in the set but they are totally cute!  And I love that you can cut three out at once, so a total of six in one cut!  I'm all about the efficiency!  I actually pulled out the SAMJ to stamp the little accents in tranquil tide, can you believe it?  ;-)

I also really love the color combo here of garden green, lemon lime twist, and black.  The sentiment stands out nice and bold!  Lemon lime twist may be my new go-to Christmas color!


I also really love the little boxwood embellishments.  They are so cute.  I just unwound one here and cut it to the length I needed it.  I then attached it with a few mini glue dots.  My ornaments looked kind of naked just hanging there :-)  Problem solved!  Our mini glue dots were PERFECT for popping them up.  They are my favorite thing in the whole catalog!  A couple of rhinestones were the finishing touch!


I do hope you've enjoyed my projects and I'm sure you're going to enjoy Miriam's when you visit her in the Netherlands!



Here's a handy list as well ;-)  

Happy stamping!
Product List

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy, both cards meet me right on my heart!
    Very, very Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could remember to use the Foil Frenzy DSP like this! It looks stunning on your cards Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretties!! Love them both. Soft and sweet with the blue, and bold and bright with the green :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards. Love the mix of the Foil Frenzy wiht this set. It really adds to that festive look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your addition of foil to this card Mindy but my favourite part of this pretty project is the foliage. Such a clever use of the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used the boxwood greenery with the ornaments--really cute. Color combos are scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...