Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Jewel Tones - Two Ways

Hi stampers!  So I've been struggling to stamp the past few weeks.  You may have noticed my lack of blog posts.  Nothing's really wrong, although I did have a trying week last week, I'm just not feeling super full of ideas.

So one day I put out a call on my FB page to give me some ideas or a challenge to stamp.  I got quite a few requests so here is one of them!  Someone mentioned incorporating jewel tones, which I LOVE!  I did some googling of jewel tones just to get started and I have to say, it gave me a lot of color combos to try in the future.

I made this card with the Painted Harvest set because fall just screams jewel tones, does it not?  And I used to LOVE thumbing through her seed catalogs looking at all of the flowers.  I always loved the sunflowers that weren't the typical yellow or orange so I made a purple one here.


I then realized I NEEDED to make a card with jewel tones and the You're Priceless set that I recently got.  I mean, it's got JEWELS in it ;-)  I embossed the gems on some watercolor paper using clear powder and colored them in.  I love how it turned out.  And more messy watercoloring!  

I love how these are the same colors but two totally different looks!  Try some jewel tones on your cards!

P.S. I'll update with a supply list when I get a chance ;-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...