Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Lularoe Inspired


Hi stampers!  I think I've mentioned before that I like Lularoe clothing.  I wouldn't call myself obsessed or anything but a number of items have found their way into my closet.  They have some great color and pattern combinations and I find them pretty inspiring for stamping!  Recently, a berry burst dress wound up in my closet with a vest that was soft suede, berry burst, and crushed curry flowers.  Sitting in church on Sunday, I realized that it would make a fabulous card (I promise I was paying attention to the message as well, hehe).  So, during Ian's nap, I whipped this up.

Annnnnnd....I kind of LOVE it!  I've not made a lot lately that I LOVE so this was a fun surprise!

I stamped the flowers in soft suede and then used clear embossing powder over them really quickly.  If you're fast, you can totally emboss with our classic inks.  I did this rather than watercoloring with it because I tend to have trouble with the red separating out with soft suede so I thought this was a great way to avoid that but still incorporate the color like I wanted to.  My doily needed something so I sponged it with berry burst.  A few of our glitter dots were the finishing touch along with a few gold accents.  The dots are great because they come in various shades.  For instance, if I'd used so saffron as my yellow, a few of the lighter shade dots would have worked well even though the catalog says they are crushed curry.  I love when things are versatile!

Again, don't be afraid to cut your sentiments up into little bits and pieces.  It often works a lot better than the whole thing, this one sure did!  And adding a little bit of black card stock really made the sentiment pop!

Inspiration is all around us.  Where do you look for inspiration?

Happy stamping! Product List

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...