Thursday, May 4, 2017

Eastern Palace Cards - Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  I swear I'm going to get around to stamping and blogging regularly...as soon as this weekend and our rummage sale passes :-)  I've been working away in the attic trying to get organized and completely unpacked, but more about that in another post!

Today, it's time for another ADT blog hop!  Take a trip around the world with us and check out some more inspiration for the Eastern Palace bundle which you can get your hands on NOW, a month before the new catalog goes live!  Do yourself a favor and experience Eastern-inspired opulence—plus get a free gift and three of the new 2017-2019 In Colors included in one of your exclusive bundles!

You may have come from Mercedes' blog, she's just fabulous, but just keep clicking if you didn't and you'll fly around the world in no time.  Feel free to use google translate to catch all the details as well.


For this hop, I went super simple.  So many people are doing so much fabulous stuff with this set and it's really terrific...but honestly, it can feel overwhelming I think.  While you can do some really nifty stuff with these stamps and dies and all the coordinating accessories, you can also do some really great simple stuff too and I wanted to showcase that!  I also wanted to focus more on the circle images which I feel are getting overlooked as well.  I love a good circle!


For this card, I simply did a watercolor wash in the three new in colors and then embossed the biggest circle by inking in versamark first and then into my archival pad.  Then, I stamped the dots and little diamond in the respective in color.  I'm sort of in love with the way it turned out!  And I think I mentioned it last time but that card base there, the very vanilla one, it's THICK cardstock!  Woot, woot!!!!!!  You NEED to get you some of this stuff!  The pearls are really hard to see since they are so tiny, but there are pearls on each diamond too, in our smallest size.




For my next card, I tried to incorporate a different color scheme while keeping it super simple.  I know I get caught up in only sticking to the color combo in a particular suite.  I wanted to show that just by changing one color here, using Bermuda bay in place of tranquil tide, you can change the whole look of a card!  The stickers still coordinate and look great!  Sorry the top one is washed out in the photo!  I'm still trying to get the hang of photos in our new house.



And just for fun, I'll throw in one more card that uses the circles.  If I'm being honest, I had this done for the last hop and just totally forgot it :-)  Not like I didn't show you 3000 cards there, lol!  But, I'm glad I "saved it" because it works perfectly for again showing how simple this set can be.  I simply created a little background and then threw the fun die cut on there!  Pretty and easy....pretty easy!



Thanks so much for joining us!  I hope that I showed you how fabulous yet simple this set can be!  When you're ready, take a trip over to the Netherlands with Miriam and check out her pretty project!




Here's a handy little blog roll as well in case you want to jump around!


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Ah ah ! I hesitated to use the circle pads ... it works really well Mindy! (Aurélie Fabre)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple is great! Thanks for reminding us to bring it back sometimes. Great cards Mindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and you said you made simple cards. These are gorgeous! (and definitely not simple looking!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great cards! I love that you can make such wonderful cards with just the stamps and stickers in this bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Cards. Love the water colour wash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...