Thursday, March 16, 2017

Peeps Cards - Stampin' Up Artisan Global Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  It's time for another SU Artisan Design Team blog hop!  Don't you just LOVE hopping around the globe to see what everyone made?  You may have come from Mercedes' blog and her fabulous project, but if you didn't, don't worry, just keep clicking!

So I chose basket bunch for this hop because, well, it's A-dor-A-ble!!!!!!  I've not been thrilled with the Easter offerings for a while now (I'm totally picky like that) and I'm pretty sure I squealed out loud when I saw this.  AND matching framelits!  Be still my heart!!!!!!  Cute and easy to cut out, yes please!  

I actually only used one teeny-tiny stamp out of this set!  How cute is this little bunny that looks like a Peeps marshmallow bunny?  What funny is that I don't even like Peeps lol!  My dad does though, so he's sure to get at least one of these cards!  I went with a rainbow theme because...well...Peeps! :-)  There's a number of funny puns you can come up with and with the labeler alphabet stamp set, it's easy to stamp exactly what you need!

A little tip when you're brainstorming is to search google images and Pinterest and I'm not talking cards.  After I decided I wanted to do a Peeps theme, I searched images of actual Peeps candy  which helped me to come up with the rainbow theme and decide on colors.  I think sometimes we get set on only searching for actual cards and Stampin' Up related images but you can get a lot of inspiration from other images as well!


I may have made three squillion cards for this hop...well ok, eight actually, but stamping all of these sentiments felt like three squillion ;-)  But once I got started, I couldn't stop.  They're just so cute and cheery!

I started down the rabbit hole so to speak (ha), with the glad you're one of my peeps cards.  I inked up my bunny in versamark first and then in basic black.  Working quickly, I embossed with clear embossing powder and then I just watercolored them.  My hoppy Easter card is the same concept but easier if you're not good at coloring and shading...like me!  It's just a simple watercolor wash with the bunnies stamped over the top.  I did a few splatters in pinks and purples on the background panel there just to change it up a bit.  Both the main background panels and the bunny strips are popped up on dimensionals.  

And because I just couldn't stop, I made a set of monochromatic cards which I also love!

I simply created a watercolor wash our on our watercolor paper in each of my colors and stamped a bunny in the coordinating cardstock.   I stamped a few of the bunnies in a different color for more contrast and I'll note those below.  I also layered my stitched die cut with a scalloped square from the layering squares.

Here, I used old olive and tempting turquoise.

I used rich razzleberry for the purple card and I stamped mambo melon onto flirty flamingo for the pink.  It showed up much better that way.  

For the orange card, I stamped with pumpkin pie on peek a boo peach.  My yellow bunny is stamped with crushed curry on daffodil delight.  


These all looked ok stamped with the same colors but some of them just stood out a little bit more with a different ink color.  If you want to recreate these and don't have all of the colors listed here, it will still look cute by using the same ink colors as the cardstock.

Now it's time to head on over to Miriam in the Netherlands and see her amazing project!


And we've added a blog roll if you get lost or want to visit one of us quickly!


Thanks for hopping and happy stamping!
Product List

9 comments:

  1. Ok, I squealed when I saw your projects! I LOVE easter and you're projects are absolute adorable. All the colours just make me smile! Love your tip, I do the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh I love this little guy. Ohhhhhhhh I will keep that set forever!!! You really couldn't stop!!! Love the first rainbow card the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards! They are just the way I like it! ;)
    Greetings & Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like peeps either Mindy but they make the coolest rice krispy treats! :) these are super cute - love the ones all lined up - bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the simplicity of these ingenious cards Mindy! Such a great tip for searching ideas too. I will be taking a leaf out of your book next time I need inspiration. Great projects, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and the little bunny...
    Hugs Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card set! Love the punny sayings you came up with as well. I'm always a fan of watercolor...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...