Friday, February 5, 2016

Fab Friday 80

Hi stampers!  So, after a little break,  Fab Friday is back for 2016! We can't wait for you to play along in the new year!

We're starting things off with a color challenge perfect for Valentine's Day.  Of course, it could be perfect for any number of things too!


As you can guess from my "radio silence" I've been struggling to stamp yet again.  I'm not sure why and it's not for lack of trying.  I'm just not pleased with my finished products if I can come up with an idea in the first place.  This challenge was no exception so I kept it super simple!

Stampin Supplies:
Stamps:  Greatest Greetings, work of art
Ink:  Real red, blushing bride, watermelon wonder
Paper:  Whisper white, watermelon wonder
Accessories:  Love blossoms embellishment kit, 2.5 inch circle punch, deco labels framelits

I need to use the work of art stamp set more and try to stamp with more elements than actual specific images!  I also don't really care for the sentiment I used here as I feel like it doesn't really work with most of the stamps I have but this is pretty nondescript ;-)  I need to work more in the abstract with backgrounds I do believe!  I'm also not a huge fan of watermelon wonder BUT I have to say it works great with these colors!  I actually really like it here!

The sequins are from the little embellishment kit in the Occasions catalog and they are blushing bride.  I really like them and I wish our sequin trim was the same.  Those are flat and I like that these have some dimension and texture!  I wanted to note that the card base is our heavier whisper white and it makes a great base on a one layer card!

I think some new goodies may help :eyeroll: so there may be some new stuff headed my way...

If you have new goodies or even if you don't, make sure to play along!  We'd love to see your project!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Mindy! This is just so clever! That being a fact, I gave in to the 'need' to share similar with my customers, so I've created a different version for my sample displays ... instead of continuing to prep for tomorrow! (Call me terminally distracted today.) I'll need to take a pic & share with you later. (((hugs))) ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. so clean and pretty! love what you have created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...