Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Oh Snap! I have lost it!

Hi stampers!  So I've officially lost it!  No, not my mind....a stamp!  Or at least I did for a short time.  First time ever I think!  I'm usually fairly mindful to put my stamps back immediately after use so I don't lose them or throw them away with my mess because I would totally do that.

Last week I finally felt inspired and sat down to make some cards and only wanted to do ONE thing!  I wanted to use the single camera stamp and color it with my blendies and use the "Oh Snap" sentiment from......  It's the SINGLE reason I broke down and bought the silly camera stamp.  So, I got to get the sentiment.....uh....What.  The.  Heck?   Where is it?  CRAP!  So I look through ALL my sets that were near it (I have a weird storage system now, I'll show you sometime soon I hope) thinking I've put it in another case by chance.  Nope, no dice.  All I wanted to do was make this ONE flipping card lol!!!!  I finally got mad (hubby even asked me what was going on as I was talking to myself and stomping around and my room is right outside his "office" although he got a new desk this weekend and moved over a bit so I get to cabbage onto his old space and desk, yay...he wanted to be closer to the TV lol...men!)

So, I got up and turned off my work lights and gathered my stuff and just happened to walk by some stamps that I'd JUST moved.  They were stamps from SAB and the expired occasions.  And it hit me, I had used that sentiment with the Peachy Keen set since it had the camera image.  Could it be in there????  I should ONLY be so lucky!  Wouldn't you know it!  Opened it up and there it was, oh happy day!  LOL!  Guess it's good I got mad and stomped around or I may not have walked by there and happened to think about it! But the bad news was I wasted all my energy looking for it and being PO'd so I didn't feel like finishing the card lol!  Figures, right????

Anyway, I finished it a few days later. So here it is:-)
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Snapshot, hip notes
Paper:  Whisper white, basic black, coastal cabana
Ink:  Momento, blendabilities (daffodil delight, coastal cabana)
Accessories:  On film framelits, essentials woodcuts, arrows embossing folder

Sorry the picture is not great.  But the 9 month pregnant woman isn't hauling the baby bump down the stairs to take another:-)

Any of you ever lose a stamp?  Did you find it?  Do you put them away right away or let them pile up on your desk?  I really don't lose many things in stamping and my "real" life but it's always awful when I do!  I have a favorite pair of fleece sweatpants that have just up and disappeared and an under armor fleece...I have a feeling someone at the gym inherited them both :-)

I'll try to have some tips on coloring with the blendies once I play with them some more.  There is a learning curve for sure but I like them.  I'm not good with other alcohol markers so these are great for me since they are easy and take a lot of the guess work out.  The one thing I will mention is that you need to use momento ink.  Staz on will bleed.  And the momento works great as just a regular black ink as well!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...