Friday, April 25, 2014

Fab Friday 40

Hi stampers!  Hey that's a lot of alliteration :-)    And greetings from the tundra....aka my basement stamp studio!  It's seriously so cold down there and I don't know why.

The finished part of our basement at our old house didn't even have vents (yet the unfinished part did...weird) and it was never that cold!  And while I didn't stamp down there it was Jon's office and we watched TV and movies in there and it was never frigid!  Anyway, it's cold....and a mess still!  I've run out of unpacking steam so to speak AND the movers lost a wheel off of one of my Ikea Alex carts so that's needing fixed and currently right in the middle of everything on it's side since we got the wrong size wheel.  So not only is it in the way but I can't unpack anything into it so all that stuffs sitting there too.

BUT I was able to clumsily (as in tripping all over all the stuff in the way lol) get a card done for Fab Friday this week AND manage to make one I actually like!

So, here's the colors for this week:


And here is what I came up with:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  A dozen thoughts
Paper:  Very vanilla, smokey slate, early espresso, summer starfruit, soho subway
Ink:  Early espresso
Accessories:  Butterfly punches, basic rhinestones

I'm having a bit of editing trouble again (the size seems to be messed up) so sorry if it's a bit blurry but at least my photos are better now with better lighting in my studio than the apartment!  That in itself makes me happy!!!!  Also made me happy to put to use some retiring items (the stamp set I'm very sad about, I love it) and the soho subway DSP as well as summer starfruit (which I know some hate but I really love it and will miss it). I really haven't given my stuff enough love this year for either the mini's or the main catalog.  But I'm on a mission to fix that I hope!  I just may have to do it in a parka!

Now make sure to head over and check out the rest of the inspiration we have for you and play along!  We love seeing what you make!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with that cold basement! We have vents in ours and it is always cold. We now have two electric heaters to help keep us warm down there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We put a gas fireplace insert in ours. Makes it nice and cozy. Hope you warm up, are able to unpack and get all moved in quickly. Take care of yourself and don't overdo (not that you don't know that, it's the mom in me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Mindy! You make the Summer Starfruit look good! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...