Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Christmas in July

Hi stampers!  I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday and I totally should have done it earlier.  After only a few hours with some meds and a nap I was feeling MUCH better!  Yay!

Today's card is a Christmas in July theme since my holiday catalog order got here last week.  This card was inspired by one of the Artisan swaps I got at convention last year (from Mary Haugen).  I thought I'd look though them the other day when I didn't get picked, lol!  I do have to say I am glad I don't have to stress over that swap again this year:-)  Silver linings, right?
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Christmas messages, woodgrain (background)
Paper:  Crumb cake, gumball green, season of style DSP
Ink:  Crumb cake, cherry cobbler
Accessories:  2.5" circle punch, regals buttons, cherry cobbler baker's twine

This card showcases one of my most FAVE sets ever!  I love the new Christmas greetings set.  It has really fun sayings and fonts.  I really like the trend of mixing fonts.  This stamp is probably my most favorite image in the set.  The season of style DSP is really pretty too.  Now, the only thing I forgot to do was pierce the main panel all the way around.  Mary did that on her card and it was just that little extra something to make it special.  So, my card is un-special :-)  I'm going to have to try again with this layout!!!!  And while the card base is gumball I used a garden green button but I think it works since I didn't have a gumball embellishment I wanted to use.  Not everything has to match, it just has to "go". :-)

I'm going to try to post more this week but I've also got to work on swaps.... :-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...