Thursday, February 21, 2013

Play on words

Hi stampers!  Ok, I'm kinda sorta proud of myself about this one, hehe!  I wouldn't say that I'm very clever sometimes (just ask my hubby....some of the stuff that comes out of my mouth is just plain dumb, lol) but this card is just genius!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Patterned occasions (SAB), wishes your way, lovely little labels
Paper:  Whisper white, sahara sand, lucky limeade, sycamore street DSP (SAB)
Ink:  Rich razzleberry, tangerine tango, island indigo
Accessories:  Paper peircing tool, scallop circle punch, circle punch, whisper white baker's twine, sycamore street ribbon & button pack (SAB)

Get it?  Blowing wishes your way and an elephant??  Hehe!!!!!  Ok, maybe I'm not that smart but the play on words made me giggle a little:-)  And I seriously love this elephant so I was excited to use him in another way than just the thanks a ton sentiment that's on the stamp.  I also omitted the little flower he holds in favor of the little heart from lovely little labels.  Lots of SAB love going on here!  Don't you just love this paper?????

Speaking of elephants I recently watched the movie Water For Elephants.  I had read the book long ago and loved it.  The movie was ok.  I'm not a fan of Rob Pat but I got over that since there was a cute little doggie, lol!  Jon worked some deal with the cable company after we had some trouble so we have some movie channels now and I'm not sure it's a good thing!  It's kind of eating into my stamp time, lol!   I love watching movies and now with the new comfy couch it's much easier to sit on my rump and stare at the TV than getting up to stamp!  Eep!!!!!  I think I've watched about everything on there that I want to though so hopefully I can stamp away!  And hopefully this silly winter storm doesn't delay the shipment I'm supposed to get today!!!!  Oh, even though the thing I wanted MOST in the order (the bottle caps I forgot to order last time) are backordered!  Grrrrrr!  Everyone must love them!!!!!

Oh, and one more thing!  I've had some questions about how I edit my photos so I've done a video of how I do that.  It's not such a big deal with what camera you use to take photos but the editing is KEY! I just use my iPhone to take my pictures honestly but the editing can make them look way more real and professional too.  I also recommend a watermark so people can't just steal your photos AND it directs them back to you and your blog or gallery when they find them on Pinterest or other sites!  Plus, edited photos are just prettier to look at, lol!  Now, I'm NOT an expert or anything so I'm sure there are better videos out there but this is a quick and dirty way to get it done!  I use GIMP and it's free and easy!  Any questions just let me know and if YOU have any tips for ME please let me know:-)  Especially how to make a permanent watermark in GIMP on a Mac!!!

Thanks for sticking with me and the chattieness today!  Ha!

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Love your card and the video is fabulous and helpful. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and thanks for the tut about GIMP. To make the copyright symbol on MAC, do the following: option + G at the same time. Saves some typing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the video! I've been using Picasa and keep hearing great things about GIMP, so it was nice to see all the options GIMP offers. Your video was very clear and explanatory, which is so helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card, Mindy...I love that Patterned Occasions elephant too and enjoyed the "walk thru" on the video for editing the photo. I had been using Picasa then developed some issues when I updated to Picasa 3 and haven't had much luck with it since so I just use the program (Windows Photo Gallery or something like that) that came preloaded onmy computer. To quote an old SU stamp set..."Sofa so good"on that and at least I have figured out how to use the text function to add the watermark, fix any colors or shadows as well as crop and re-size so that's huge for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...