Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'll have a tall skinny peppermint mocha please

Hi stampers!  It's my current obsession....Starbucks skinny peppermint mochas!  Since I learned that there are only 100 calories in a tall and it's cold I can't stop getting them!  I really like the pumpkin spice too but it's pretty heavy and I'd rather eat the majority of my calories instead of drink them, ha!  And the place used to totally intimidate me because I had no idea how/what to order!  Some of the drinks the people in front of you rattle off are crazy, lol!  Guess this is currently taking the place of my diet coke addiction since it's cold out!  At least the diet coke is cheaper though, lol!  Anyone else have a Starbuck's obsession?  What's your favorite drink?

So, I had a rough day yesterday so on my way to the school (the second part of my job) I stopped to get one and it was BAD!  I'm pretty sure they didn't put ANY syrup in it at all!  Ummmm and I don't really like coffee, lol!  So, I need the sweetness, flavoring and the milk to make it tasty!  So of course when I was out running errands today I figured I should make up for yesterday and get another...and it was fantastic:-)  They have redeemed themselves!  Don't you just hate when you look forward to something (not to mention waste 100 calories on something...oh and four dollars....that's not even good, gah!) and then it's awful!  Sometimes that's kind of like that with stamping though I guess.  I hate when I make a card that I don't like....I feel like I wasted my supplies.  So, the other day I was running low on mojo and I decided to case a card from the Holiday catalog.   It was not a waste of time or money!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Scentsational, pennant parade
Paper:  Whisper white, cherry cobbler, festival of prints DSP stack
Ink:  Early espresso, gumball green
Accessories:  Holiday collection framelits, labels collection framelits, jewelry tag punch, gumball green stitched satin ribbon, paper peircing pack, vintage trinkets

I have not used this set near enough and I got a second pack of the DSP stack because I freak out about running out of things and guess what....haven't even opened the plastic let alone cut into it, ha!  Hi my name is Mindy and I'm a SU hoarder.....

But I loved this card in the catalog.  I did change it slightly but the idea is the same.  And I'm totally pretending it's a skinny peppermint mocha;-)

OHHH AND LOOK WHAT STAMP I USED!!!!  Ok, sorry for being all shouty but look what I found the other day!  The little merry stamp from Pennant Parade that I said I lost!  I got up the other night to cut some paper or something and noticed something under my desk!  Horray!  Guess I should post on my blog when I lose something else!  Seems to be the key for finding stuff, no?

And I'm a little OCD and it does kind of bother me that I used whisper white when the DSP is very vanilla but I didn't think I liked the way the vanilla looked with the main image....I'm going to have to put the card away because on my desk I keep staring at it because it doesn't "match" lol!

And want a quick tip today?  Normally for a two colored image we use our markers right?  Well, I wanted to use my gumball green ink pad because this is a solid stamp and the pads work much better on solid images than the markers.  Soooo if you have a stamp that you need to selectively color parts of you can do this:

1.  Ink the stamp up with the main color.
2.  Take one of our blender pens and carefully use it to REMOVE the ink off of the part you want to re-color.
3.  Use your marker to color the part you just "cleaned off".
4.  Breathe on the stamp to make sure the ink is moist and stamp!

GEENYUS!!!!  I learned this little gem from my upline and it works great!  Try it sometime!

And go get some Starbucks....you know you want to;-)

Happy stamping...and sipping!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy! Your card is adorable!! I haven't ordered this set and you make me really want it...right now. lol. Love the red dsp too. I'm a little ocd about stuff like white and vanilla together, but this works well so don't worry. Your card makes me smile!

    Now, this coffee thing is as addictive as SU, for real! I'm a big coffee junkie and I have found that I really like McDonald's French Vanilla Latte with nonfat milk and it's not too bad on calories. Like you, I don't want to drink mine either. Their peppermint mocha drink is pretty yummy too, but I'm sure it is much higher. My absolute favorite place to get coffee is Boston Stoker which is here in Dayton, Ohio. Not too far from you, but I'm not sure if they are in your area. And at Starbucks, I like their hot chai tea as much as I do their coffee (which can be a little bit strong for my taste). Until Dec. 16th from 2-5pm, Starbucks is having a buy one get one on all holiday drinks! Who hoo...now you have another reason to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I don't even like coffee, lol! I've heard the McD's stuff is good too! Ohio is a bit of a haul but I'll have to remember that if we ever head that way:-) And I knew about the buy one get one and I was surprised the lady didn't say anything to me about it today...but it was the one in our Target so maybe that's why...I may have to use it as an excuse to get one with the hubs this weekend though:-)

      Delete
  2. A non-stampy friend told me I was being silly that I didn't want to put the rest of my Christmas cards (which used Very Vanilla) into Whisper White envelopes because they didn't match. She finds my stamping OCD entertaining :)

    Cute card, I'm kinda in love with Scentsational Season. I may just have to CASE your CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy,your cards are adorable. I had to rock the very vanilla card base with dsp that had whisper white this weekend and I did NOT like it at all. Starbucks is one "chain" that gets my cash regularly. I even have a starbucks gold card. Bad girl...I know.the peppermint mochas are a delish treat. Had one today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...