Friday, September 7, 2012

Freaky Friday

Hi stampers!  It's freaky Friday....well not really...I have a Halloween card but it's more cute than freaky:-)  This one comes courtesy of our demonstrator magazine and my freebies from the Artisan contest.  There was a project in this month's magazine for a treat bag or box  that I turned into this card. I had been on the fence about the big doily die for a while and the project pushed me over the edge...and I could get it for free which was even better!

I was worried about how long it would take to poke out all the holes but really it wasn't too bad.  Now, I wouldn't want to make a large number of cards with it but again, it wasn't too bad:-)  I'll try to shoot a video soon on some tips for getting the hanging Chads out.  I know I haven't posted many videos lately but I'm still working between two computers and I just haven't had time to switch my videos over and then the interwebz quit working on my laptop last week and I haven't had the time to mess with it.  I promise I'll have one or two soon!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Toxic treats
Paper:  Very vanilla, crumb cake, basic black, silver glimmer, brights DSP stack
Ink:  Crumb cake, Basic black, tangerine tango
Accessories:  Large doily sizzlit, labels collection framelits, perfect pennants die, basic gray and black striped satin ribbon

It's hard to see in the photo but I used the pennant die to cut out a scalloped circle of silver glimmer paper and stuck it behind the doily.  It's cool looking in real life!  And for some reason the basic gray striped ribbon (which is SO fun and looks totally like a witch's stocking) looks purple in the photo...it's not...it's gray.

The background is a little plain.  In the magazine they had used that cool naturals paper but I didn't have any.  I think I should have sponged or spritzed the background....I still might do that:-)  Maybe I'll be back soon with the "updated" version....

I'm off to work 15 or 16 hours today....the fun never ends:-)

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...