Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fresh Snowflakes

Hi stampers!  Well the Artisan finalist blog hop is over so it's back to my regular posts.  Weren't all the projects just so fabulous???  I can't wait to see all the winning entries too soon when they do their hop!  They have already started posting their design team stuff last week!  So many pretty things!!!!

So I'm back today with a challenge.  I was able to create quite a few cards during the 10 day hop so I hope to have a lot to show you this week!  I've got a couple of videos coming up too if I can figure the editing software out on the mac!  The card I have today is for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge which I loved this week!  As I thought about this card I realized I had been wanting to case a card out of the holiday catalog so I just altered it to fit this sketch.  I think I'll probably go ahead and case the actual card at some point later but I love the way this one turned out!

Cute sketch, right?  Well I knew I wanted to use some glimmer paper and I had been needing to cut into my festival of prints DSP stack for like ever sooooooo.....
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Distressed dots, tiny tags
Paper:  Whisper white, certainly celery, garden green, silver glimmer, festival of prints DSP stack
Ink:  Certainly celery, garden green
Accessories:  Snow flurry bigz die, 3" circle bigz die, argyle embossing folder, jewelry tag punch, cherry cobbler baker's twine, large pearls, basic pearls

Isn't it FAB?????  I have to say it was a nice change of pace to use garden green and certainly celery since I haven't in quite some time.  I just love the colors and all the prints in that DSP stack!  The large snowflake is adhered with a glue dot and then the middle one is on a dimensional. The smallest one is also adhered with a glue dot and then there are small pearls around the smallest one.  I also tried out a lot of different colors and patterns on the embossed left panel but I finally settled on the argyle for a little variety.  I had tried more polka dots but it was too many dots, ha!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the dots! And the layered snowflakes with the pearl accents are so pretty! Not to mention the fabby glimmer paper banners! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun, Mindy!! Love, love that snowflake! Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Such a fun Christmas card. Love that glitter paper and that big ol' snowflake. Thanks for playing along witht his week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...