Tuesday, June 12, 2012

HSS 122

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday!  It's time for a fun new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments again this week!

I have to say that I was kind of scared of this challenge when I saw it....


I had a card already started with a bird....just a regular old bird because I didn't have a peacock...and I was sad:(  BUT then I remembered that I ordered fine feathers on June 1 and it had a peacock feather in it!  I LOVED the sample in the catalog for this set and there is just something about it that I had to have it! I was so excited that I came up with this!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Fine feathers, lovely little labels, loving thoughts, parlor prints
Paper:  Very vanilla, soft suede, midnight muse
Ink:  Soft suede, old olive, tempting turquoise, midnight muse
Accessories:  Chantilly crochet trim (retired), little labels punch pack, oval accent bigz die, labels collection framelits, basic rhinestones

Peacock feather colors are so yummy!  I had to google them though to find out which colors went where:-)  I do wish I'd added some more green throughout the brown or at least on the edges...oh well...next time!  I also added a little accent with the new punch pack and cute little stamp set.  Those are so fun and tiny!!!

Now, head on over to HSS and see what everyone else came up with and then play along!  Remember, you can use any old bird if you don't have a peacock!!!  :-)

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Girl you should NEVER be scared when you see challenges, you tackle them head on and they ALWAYS turn out UNBELIEVABLE!!! :) I just love this, it has such a romantic vibe to it and I think I'm in need of that stamp set...getting tired of the only peacock feather I have, I like the size of this one! :) Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you're killing me, my wish list just keeps growing, ahhh! Love how it turned out and the bitty stamp is adorable. I need to go revisit that page in the catalog. I really like it because it has more of a masculine look and those are so hard to come up with, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORgeous!!! I didn't even catch that stamp set yet. I love your Framelits all stamped up, and your coloring is just enough. Funny you should say you were intimidated by this challenge, most of the others make me nervous lately, but this one for some reason was easier. I think it's because it says, "do whatever inspires you"!!! So I feel like I have wiggle room. You are so fabulous, and you are every week :D Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! I too have this stamp set on my wish list. I also love the way you sponged and added the image to your background. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...