Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lucky Island Basics

Hi stampers!  I did something I haven't done in a LONG time this weekend.  I played in a color challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers.  Now, I have absolutely no good reason for not playing along in such a long time other than I just kind of forgot!  Shame on me!  Well, I picked a good one to come back to as the colors were so pretty!  The challenge was to use island indigo, lucky limeade, and basic gray.  So many possibilities but I decided to do something simple since the colors were so vibrant.  I'm really on a kick with the white space and clean and simple thing as of late.  It's fun to do something different!  What do you think?

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Fresh vintage (SAB), fabulous phrases
Paper:  Whisper white, island indigo, lucky limeade, neutrals DSP stack
Ink:  Island indigo, basic gray
Accessories:  Everyday enchantment ribbon & brad pack (SAB), basic pearls

There was a bit of cutting here but it's not too fussy and that image cuts out pretty quickly.  I also used the "wallpaper" pattern of the DSP which I don't normally use.  I tend to stick to the polka dots, hehe.  And again, I really love the font of the fabulous phrases set and think it works beautifully with the fresh vintage set.  I tried a variety of sentiments down in the corner but I liked the simplicity of this one and the tiny size!

Here's a quick tip if you use the clear mounts:  if I can't decide on a sentiment or placement of a stamp, I will take the stamp unmounted and lay it where I want it.  You can then kind of visualize what it's going to look like.  It's harder to do with the wood mounts so this is just another reason I love the clear mounts!  I can waffle back and forth until I figure out which one I like without wasting paper or messing up my project!

Hope you can put this tip to good use!  And don't forget about the fun challenges over on SCS like I did:-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...