Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stuck in a color rut!

Hi stampers!  I told you right, that I've been stuck on a certain color combo as of late?  Well you saw my card this week from the color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments....it was my color combo and I'm totally obsessed with it!  It makes such fun and fresh holiday cards!  Again, they seem to have that retro feel.  I guess I shouldn't say I'm in a rut because I really like these colors and the cards I'm making with them but I do need to branch out...someday:-)



Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Stitched stockings, jolly jingles wheel
Paper:  Whisper white, pear pizzazz, blushing bride, real red, pool party, red glimmer
Ink:  Pool party, real red, blushing bride
Accessories:  Stocking punch, circle punch and die, real red taffeta ribbon (retired), polka dots embossing folder

I used some fun stuff here!  The pink circle is stamped with the jolly jingles wheel.  I tend to forget about my wheels but they make such fun accents!  I also love the stocking punch and it looks so cute with the glimmer paper!  I'm also really liking white right now.  Design wise a large expanse of white can be super pleasing to the eye!  The Sale-A-Bration catalog will be coming out soon and it has great use of white space!

So, do you recognize the sentiment????  Hmmmmm???  It's from the jolly jingles wheel too!  I bought a second wheel and cut it up *GASP, I know* and used our new cling mount foam to make regular stamps out of them.  HOW cool is that?  If I have any interest I could do a video on how to do this. 

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear, what a great design. :) so clever. You just have one beauty of a blog. I loved hopping over to the other cards you created. You have a very cute and unique style. Thanks for sharing it with so many of us. I added myself as a follower to your blog and I am excited to see more of your work (first have to do my dishes in this household :)

    You're welcome to take a peek at my blog. I would love to have you visit.
    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! That is genius...I am referring to you cutting up the wheel! LOVE! Now my wheels are turning...are you sure you don't have any desire to make a video?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...