Friday, December 2, 2011

Still got the blues

Hi stampers!  I know I haven't been posting as often lately...it's that time of year....busy time that is:-)  I'll try to do better.  And I don't actually have the blues but my card sure does:-)

I haven't stamped all week for no good reason other than I've just been plain lazy!  But I wanted to get some challenges in so I made myself sit down last night at NINE and work on a card.  I don't usually start stamping that late but I was determined to get something started AND finished!  So, I combined the Sweet Sunday sketch which was adorable this week and the pretty color challenge over at the Colour Q.



Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Delicate doilies, Christmas greetings
Paper:  Whisper white, sahara sand, night of navy, marina mist, subtles DSP stack
Ink:  Night of navy, marina mist, bashful blue, versamark
Accessories:  3" circle die, scallop circles die, snow burst embossing folder, northern flurry strip, whisper white taffeta ribbon, marina mist polka dot scalloped ribbon, pewter embossing powder, dazzling details, regals buttons, frost white shimmer paint

I just loved how it turned out!  I've been wanting to use the doily set for winter for a while and this was perfect.  My favorite part is the embossed panel.  I took a sponge wedge (I cut my stampin' sponges into 8ths...my very frugal momma would be proud, lol) and got it damp and then dipped it in the lid of my frost white shimmer paint.  I then dabbed it on some scratch paper first to remove the excess and lightly tapped it all over the paper.  That snowflake pattern looks FAB with this technique!

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. wasn't this a fun sketch Mindy? Love your card and color scheme. Those lacy doilies are on my wish list after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I'm so glad you gave it a go, even late at night, LOL! Glad you had a lazy week too - it's nice to have those once in a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Mindy! I think you got all the blue colors in. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the textures and layers, great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...