Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fancy Folds!

Hi stampers and happy Tuesday again!  I can't believe another week has come and gone and CHRISTMAS is THIS WEEKEND!  Of course I'm still kind of in the Christmas stamping mode so I have yet another Christmas card, hehe....sometimes I make them even AFTER Christmas!  Anyway, we have a FUN challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Click the link to check out the FUN FOLDS!


I'm pretty much a traditionalist when it comes to card making but that's why a challenge like this is great!  It pushes you to do something different!  I'm really liking unique folds now!  So go ahead and check out what the rest of the design team did (they always make A-MAZ-ING stuff) and find a fold you like and play along!

Like I said, I'm still in full on Christmas mode (maybe because I'm STILL not done with my shopping...eek...let alone having anything wrapped and under the tree) so here is my easel card:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Grateful greetings, many merry messages
Paper:  Very vanilla, lucky limeade, island indigo, calypso coral, pool party, blushing bride, silver glimmer
Ink:  Same as papers, tea stain distress ink
Accessories:  Stocking accents die, circles number 2 die, border punch, elastic cord (retired), fine glitters (retired)

I had some more ornaments laying around from my Shiny Brite inspired card I posted last week so I wanted to use them up...especially since I FOUND some Shiny Brite reproductions while Christmas shopping Saturday AND they were on sale!  I picked up a box for myself (hehe...another thing to collect) and one for my dad and step mom as they have a whole Christopher Radko tree and I think they'll like them!

Easel cards are by far my favorite fold I think!  They are super easy (you can find a tutorial on SCS) and they are cute!  Please excuse my crooked Christmas greetings...I don't know what happened!!!  I embellished my ornaments to look similar to Shiny Brites in fun retro colors using glimmer paper, fine glitters and sticky sheets.  I also added a bit of retired elastic cord.

Now head on over to HSS and play along!

Happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. lovin' your glittery retro ornament card MIndy! Good luck with all of your wrapping...at least you know you've got the cards in the bag, hehe! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome! I came across a box of Shiny Brights yesterday and I thought of your previous post. I totally followed your link and went on an internet tour of ornaments :0) TFS, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, Mindy, I love that you haven't given up on Christmas yet....I don't want to let go either. I love you color combo.....it adds such a nice vintage feel with the tea stain, too. Glitter, my fave!! :) Merry Christmas my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your card makes me sequel!!! I LOVE those ornament shapes and the colors, I also am SO in love with your blog background- SO IMPRESSIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very old-fashioned looking Christmas balls. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!! I love the ornaments and the colors!! Wonderful!!!! So cute with all that glitter!!! Amy L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...