Friday, December 16, 2011

Country Christmas Card

Hi stampers!  Sorry for not having more to share this week.  It's been a bit crazy with work and preparations for Christmas!  I'm trying to get my shopping done and failing!  I'm failing at stamping cards too...either I have a headache or just plain feel un-creative this week!  I made a few cards the other night and was not happy with many of them - HATE that!  Anyway I did manage to make a few that I liked.  I'm going to try to make some more Christmas cards this weekend and then try to get them all ready to be mailed by Monday.  Then I plan to keep stamping through Christmas and start my Valentine's too...we'll see how that goes.  Maybe I'm just Christmas carded out!  Maybe my fun Occasions Mini stuff will freshen my mojo up!  Anyway....

This card is a bit "country" which is not normally my taste but I think it's somewhat coming back into style as of late.  I made one like this a few years back as well after being inspired by a card I had seen at my upline's meeting!  I also need to get to work on using up that holly berry paper that I ordered late in the season...only a few more days to crank out the Christmas cards!!!!!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Pennant parade
Paper:  Very vanilla, wild wasabi, real red, early espresso
Ink:  Wild wasabi, early espresso
Accessories:  Heart trio and round tab punches, dotted scalloped border punch, dazzling details

Doesn't that heart trio punch just make the cutest little Christmas tree???  I sponged the edges for depth and dimension and added some dazzling details to make it really shine!  Half of the round top tab punch makes a perfect little tree stand/pot too.  I used glue dots to adhere the hearts, I highly recommend using them for small pieces like this!  A very simple very cute little card!

Happy stamping!

7 comments:

  1. what a cute little tree! This will be on my inspiration blog post today. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Too bad my heart punch won't be here in time to make Christmas cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to CASE this. It's totally cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tree is so adorable. Very creative to use the heart trio punch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy, So glad you shared your card... I LOVE your Tree!!!!

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Another great way to make a tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...