Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bright Christmas Favor and a bonus

Hi stampers!  I've been busy in the craft room so there may be lots-o-posts this weekend:-)  I loved the challenge this week over at The Colour Q.  I've been especially into all things fun, funky, and bright for Christmas so this challenge was right up my alley.....

....and then I got to the part where it said that the challenge this week is for something other than a card....say what????  Well, I have to say that cards are my first love BUT I did manage to come up with this cute and simple little treat holder using the pillow box die (which holds three Hershey's miniature candy bars perfectly....although I don't have any to fill it with since my hubby regularly eats my stash, hehe):

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Warmest of wishes (hostess)
Paper:  Crumb cake, pear pizzazz textured, whisper white
Ink:  Poppy parade
Accessories:  Scalloped square and designer label punch, whisper white taffeta & pool party ruffled ribbon, basic pearls, pillow box die

Isn't it cute?  And these could be made up pretty quick if you need a lot of them too!  I may make them for my friends at work!  I did sub pool party for Caribbean (because it's retired of course and I didn't feel like digging it out as I keep them hidden away) and pear pizazz for celery (simply because I like it better, hehe).  BUT since I'm me and I really liked this color combo I HAD to make a card too so you get a bonus project.  I should have made them coordinate but each project kind of took on a life of their own!  And yes, I'm currently obsessed with Polar Party...buy it NOW, you NEEEEED those cute critters and trees!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Polar party, four the holidays
Paper:  Crumb cake, pear pizzazz, pool party, poppy parade, watercolor
Ink:  Pool party, staz on, various for watercoloring
Accessories:  Stripes embossing folder, scalloped squares duo die, scalloped dotted punch, pool party ruffled ribbon, in color glimmer brads

Isn't it cute?  Now, the line art and cutesy/country style of this stamp is not normally my thing BUT this one really grew on me and I think I'm liking the style more.  It seemed outdated to me at first but you know how things are and what was popular once always comes back around!  I wish I had kept all the leg warmers I'd had as a kid since they are back in now, ha!  Back to crafting my weekend away!

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Mindy here, seems I forgot to upload my pics today:). I will fix the post as soon as I can!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy, I love this set as well. I had not thought of just using the trees. Your card is so fun. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, these are both ADORABLE! LOVE them! You've captured the holiday colors perfectly! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your creations! You did a great job with the colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...