Thursday, October 13, 2011

Go big or go home

Hi stampers!  I have another October Creative Crew challenge to share with you.  Now, the theme for this challenge was "all that glitters".  Well, we all know I love me some bling! 

Speaking of bling, I have a funny/cute story I just have to share.  A few weeks ago at work it was very sunny out so I decided I should put some more sunblock on before I turned into a lobster...I like to take off my wedding ring when I put sunblock on because it's yicky.  So, a couple of my injured football players were standing near me so I took off my ring and asked one of them to hold it.  Now, mind you I love my ring!  It's very nice, hubby did good but it's not crazy big or anything, it's just right for my hand!  Well the kid looked at it and said, "Dang, your husband must really love you".  And if that wasn't funny enough, the other kid chimed in with, "No man, SHE must really love him."  LOL!  I couldn't stop laughing, kids (they were 16, so yeah, still kids even if they think they are grown, haha) can be so funny!  Anyway....

So, where was I?  Oh yes, I love me some bling.  So, for this card I decided to go big or go home and really pile on the sparkle!  WARNING:  you may need sunglasses to look directly at the following picture:


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Pennant Parade, Letter it
Ink:  Old olive, real red, daffodil delight
Paper:  Whisper white, real red, old olive, brights DSP stack, silver glimmer
Accessories:  Shaker frames, circle punches, mini brads, brights glimmer brads, real red grosgrain ribbon, window sheets, scallop squares duo die, mica flakes

I warned you:-)  I really wanted the glimmer paper to "shine" so I left a lot of it bare.  I knew I wanted to do a shaker card with the new mica flakes and shaker frames too.  That combo makes it super easy!  And I couldn't stop there, I had to add the glimmer brad too!  And want to know a little secret?  I though about adding MORE glitz, I just wasn't sure what more to use, lol!  One more subtle detail that I added was the M from letter it.  One of my favorite things to do right now is use the Letter It set with a word.  I stamped off my real red M once and then stamped merry in full strength ink over it.  Here's a bit more detail:


That's it for today.  Hope I didn't blind you too bad:-)  Head on over to Splitcoast to check out more from the Creative Crew!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Now I know I have to get that "letter it" set!

    p.s. I always thought you had that "cheerleader" look! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...