Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spooky sunset

Hi stampers!  It's time for a new challenge over on Hand Stamped Sentiments.  The challenge this week is to make a Halloween inspired card. 



We all know I've been doing that for a while now, huh? :-)  I can't believe it's going to be October on Saturday!  I have been super busy with work this week and put in over 12 hours on Saturday alone so I was in a bit of a rush to get this card done so I kept it pretty simple.  I kept thinking it needed something more but I didn't want or have the time to over-do it:-)  I'm hoping to spend some quality time in the stamp room this week!  Maybe I can come up with some more stuff like this:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Dark & Dreary, netting, midnight musings wheel
Paper:  rich razzleberry, lucky limeade, cajun craze, whisper white, basic black
Ink:  Versamark, rich razzleberry, lucky limeade, cajun craze
Accessories:  clear and black embossing powders,  scalloped square duo die, raven lace trim

Lots of emobssing here.  I had seen someone use the midnight musings wheel to emboss a background and thought it looked so spooky!  So, I embossed it with clear EP and then I sponged over it with some rich razzleberry ink also.  The main image was also embossed but with black EP.  After letting it cool, I sponged with with all three colors of ink for a spooky sunset.  My scalloped edge was from the scalloped square duo die.  I had cut a square out to use in a different way but I didn't like the way it worked out!  Lots and lots of sponging here too to make it extra spooky!

Now go check out what the other design team members came up with and get to work on your own spooky (or cute) Halloween card:-)

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great card with lots of embossing. Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love the colors you used for your spooky sky. You've inspired me to try it. Great layout and I love how the dimension of the background with the embossing. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...