Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pillow talk

Hi stampers!  Now get your mind out of the gutter:-)  My title tonight is because my project uses the pillow box die....and the fact that it's late-ish and I'm tired!  I haven't been sleeping well for the past week or so.  Could have something to do with my hubby having poison ivy, I think he scratches in his sleep and tosses and turns and wakes me up.  Then we actually had some rain last night (and most of the day today which we NEED) and a bit of lighting and thunder which I should have seen coming since the dog freaked out at about 1:30 am....awesome:-)  I have GOT to order her one of those thundershirts - I hope it works!

Anyway, I sort of combined two ideas from SU for this project.  I loved the little goodie bags in the mini with the owl from Warmest Of Wishes, I'm guessing there are cookies in them....mmmmmm cookies!!!!  Well, I don't have any bags like that and there were some pillow boxes on display at convention with that set so I figured I could make that work just as well!  The idea behind these was to hand out to my neighbors to invite to my Fall Frenzy class which is this Saturday BUT life and work got in the way and I never got a big batch of them made or handed out....but I will....someday!  :-) 


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Warmest of wishes (hostess), Teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Whisper white, crumb cake, old olive, daffodil delight
Ink:  Early espresso, basic black, pumpkin pie
Accessories:  circle and owl punches, pillow box die, chocolate;-)

Isn't it cute?  And the best part....it holds three of those little Hershey's Miniature chocolate bars...well mine may not hold any of the dark chocolate ones since I like those...most of them are gone, lol!  But really, these little do-dads make GREAT little favors.  How cool would these be to hand out as Halloween treats to a class or at a Halloween party?  It comes together really fast but don't do what I did and FORGET to stamp the sentiment before you assemble it:-)  I was able to fix it but will have to remember to stamp first next time!  Using a circle punch and the owl punch makes it super fast to make the moon and the owl too.  The "grass" is just a scrap, a great way to use up all those scraps!

Well it's about time for me to talk to MY pillow:-)  Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...