Sunday, August 14, 2011

They say it's your birthday, nah nah nah nah nah nah

Anyone else hearing the geeky kid (Anthony Michael Hall) on Sixteen Candles singing to Samantha right now?  Ok, maybe it's just me:-)  Anyway, the card I have today makes me think of that scene.  I TRIED really hard not to like the hostess sets in the new catalog as they aren't very smart purchases on my part since they retire after one year no matter what....well...I got the words set of course but I kept eying the Ain't Love Grand set.

After I saw some super cute samples at convention, I knew I'd have to have it.  So, with my last order I caved;-)  It really is super cute with a vintage type twist.  So why does it make me think of that song you ask?  Well because of this:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Ain't love grand (hostess)
Paper:  Watercolor, newsprint DSP (retired), marina mist, night of navy, real red
Ink:  Stazon, real red, marina mist, night of navy
Accessories:  Modern label punch, aquapainter

So, it's not exactly the words but close enough for me I guess:-)  Isn't he cute?  Now, you'll have to forgive me here for using some retired DSP but I've got a TON and I need to use it and it just seemed to fit here!  I really do wish the newsprint DSP would have stuck around and I kind of thought it would with the first edition DSP but they didn't ask me now did they?  Anyway, I wanted to use some bright colors here and I liked the combo of marina mist, night of navy, real red, and black.  There was good contrast with the bright and dark colors.  I'm still trying to get better about making different sized cards and this seems like a good set for that!
For the finishing touch, I just cut the punched shape in two and adhered it to the back of my image!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card! Love the colors & the retired dsp is pefect with it's bigger headlines. I keep eyeing that stamp set also. You'll just have to use your hostess sets ALOT in the coming year & they'll be well worth it. Plus, can always use them for your own personal cards if you really like them. I have the birthday set on my wish list, since never can have enough birthday sayings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...