Sunday, August 7, 2011

Text me!

Hi stampers!  I have a quick post today of a card I made last week.  I won the Sweet Floral background stamp at convention and needed to use it!  I was so excited to win it since it was a stamp I had on my original order but took it off to "save money" :-)  Usually with my luck IF I win something it would be something I already had...so, needless to say I was ecstatic to win something I wanted on the VERY FIRST NIGHT!  So I think it was about time I ink it up!

I love the First edition DSP as you well know and the theme for one of the June Dirty Dozen challenges over on SCS was to use text so that inspired me for this card.

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Sweet floral, kindness matters
Paper:  River rock, soft suede, very vanilla, first edition DSP
Ink:  Soft suede, river rock
Accessories:  Modern label punch, punch pack, basic rhinestones, smooch spray, smooch ink (gold & pearlized top coat), crochet trim

It's a pretty simple card but there actually is quite a lot going on!  The background was stamped in soft suede and then I hit it with not only vanilla smooch spray but the gold and log cabin as well.  The focal image is outlined in the gold smooch ink.  That was a technique that I learned in my plus fun class at convention.  You just take the applicator and run it around the edge of your cardstock.  It's hard to see on the photo, but I also covered the little punched flower in the iridescent smooch ink.  It's called the pearlized top coat I think.   It's very pretty in real life and just adds that extra something.  Other than that I just did some sponging and distressing.

Hope you like it!  Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...