Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

Hi stampers, I'm not....but too bad, it's here....high school football season.  We had our first practice today and it wasn't half bad.  It was amazing out today, NOTHING like the oppressive heat and humidity we've had all summer.  I'm so happy about that (more for myself than the kids, is that bad? LOL)!  No one had any major issues today either!  A bored athletic trainer is a happy athletic trainer:-)  Sooooo, I hope I can still find some time to stamp in between all the foozball! 

I started a card before practice today but didn't get very far.  I'll probably be up pretty late tonight since I didn't get home until late but I'm just not sure I'll be focused enough to stamp!  Good thing I have some pretties saved up to share just in case, huh?  Take this little gem for example:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Best friends forever, tiny tags
Paper:  Very vanilla, elegant eggplant, wisteria wonder, first edition DSP
Ink:  marina mist, island indigo, pool party, lucky limeade, wisteria wonder, and elegant eggplant
Accessories:  island indigo ruffled ribbon, hemp twine, jewelry tag punch

Ohhh, isn't it just pretty???  I came up with the color combination from something I picked up at Momento Mall at Convention.  We could buy these cute little ribbon sampler keychains and I just love the colors!  The one I used as inspiration here has marina mist, island indigo, pool party, lucky limeade, wisteria wonder, and elegant eggplant.  That's a lot of colors!  But it was so pretty...I got my momma one too as those colors are right up her alley.  I doubt she'll ever actually USE it for fear of getting it dirty or anything (she's so funny like that) but it's the thought that counts right?

Anywho, I wanted to make a card using these colors and also wanted to use the BFF set I got at convention.  I stamped the hearts on the DSP and also cut them out of very vanilla card stock.  I wanted to stitch them down but we all know how (not) well me and my sewing machine get along:-)  I think it turned out nicely anyway. 

I'm going to try to get something done around here before I go to bed....we'll see how it goes and if I can make it back to post tomorrow!  Happy stamping and happy football if that's your thing:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...