Monday, July 25, 2011

Fall weather

Hi stampers!  Man, it's been HOT and humid here but today it got down to 70 some degrees!  I thought it was fall, lol!  Of course it rained and cooled off TODAY since we were planning to go to my husbands parents house and swim in their pool.  I guess we should have planned it weeks ago so we could have had some rain:-)  We still got to visit and made some hot dogs and ate way too much so I guess it was successful after all (not to mention that I got some extra stamping time in today too....and a nap!).  Too bad I think it's supposed to get hot hot hot again!

The cooler weather did remind me that fall is coming up quick (not sure if I'm happy about that though, summer's going way too fast) so I thought I'd show you a pretty fall card that I made a week or two ago.  I'm sort of in a summer/bright color mode so it was out of my zone to make this card but it turned out great.  I was inspired by a fellow Splitcoast stamper, Susie Nelson.  You can find her card in the SCS Creative Crew gallery.  So here is my take:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Falling leaves, woodgrain
Paper:  whisper white, pool party
Ink:  Pool party, wisteria wonder, lucky limeade, peach parfait, island indigo
Accessories:  Circle punch, polka dot brads

Isn't it just FAB????  I love the way it turned out.  They aren't traditional fall colors but they still work.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE the new in colors?  Oh I have?  Ok:-)  I didn't have any of the DSP so I pulled out one of my fave background stamps, woodgrain.  It works great for fall cards.  I also sponged around the edges and then popped it up for a bit of depth.  I also used my favorite new accessory, the in color polka dot brads, they are so fun!  Anyway, I think it turned out really well and it is one of my favorite cards lately and I hope you enjoyed it too!  And I have some exciting news to share in the coming weeks so keep an eye out:-)  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on a fall card. The in colors work really well. Fall is my favorite time of year, so anything related is always a top pick for me. Wouldn't mind a touch of fall around here; it's been way too hot for me in MN. Looking forward to seeing your next creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...