Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two minutes late and $13 short

So I got inspired Sunday night to do a card for the Monday Mojo sketch challenge.  I knew I was close to the cut off time to enter but I went to work anyway.  I also used an expired color challenge from the Paper Players so I knew I couldn't enter that BUT old challenges are good inspiration too!  Well I got my card done and thought I should just go and make sure the challenge is closed....turns out I had TWO minutes...TWO left to enter, lol!  Obviously I was not going to get  a picture taken, edited and then posted somewhere in two minutes.  I wish it had just been closed instead of being SO CLOSE to making it, haha.  And this card was a winner too!  Just look:

Stampin' Supplies
Stamps:  Delicate Doilies, Perfect Words
Paper:  Whisper white, melon mambo, daffodil delight, wild wasabi
Ink:  Wild wasabi
 
Accessories:  Scallop circles die, 3 inch circle die, 2.5 inch punch, punch pack, basic pearls, lace ribbon border punch, dotted scallop border punch (wow, this card is punchy, lol)
Isn't it pretty????  I've struggled a bit with the lace border punch so I was happy to find this sketch that it worked perfectly for!  It's a bit out of the box for me but I really liked how it turned out.  The sentiment is a sneak peek from a new hostess set called Perfect Words...and yes I can't seem to make a card without using it either, lol!  I thought the font coordinated really well with the doily theme though!

As for the $13 short...well I didn't gamble much in Vegas but I "won BIG" on a penny slot...I won all of $13, hahaha! I played it for my hubby because the theme was Star Wars and he's a BIG star wars fan so he told me to keep going....well I lost the $13 I won and the $20 I started with...I should have listened to the voice in my head (that sounds JUST like my mom) and cashed out, hehe.  Wanna see a picture of my BIG win (it's a bit dark as the bright lights from the win messed with the flash, haha)?

That $13 could have bought me a new stamp set....oh well and maybe next time:-)  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...