Friday, March 11, 2011

I crushed the color challenge!

Hi stampers!  Quick post today to share the card I made last night.  This card uses the current color challenge from Splitcoast stampers and the colors were concord crush, pear pizazz, and bashful blue.  I have not used concord crush AT all if you can believe that but I really liked it here.  This card has a lot of layers and elements but was still fairly simple to make. 


 Just a couple of notes:

1.  The main image what stamped using a technique called "thumping".  I took my markers and inked up the flower with bashful blue and the stem and leaf with my pear and then I took and ran my marker around the edge and then thumped it up and down on the body of the flower a few times.  I think the technique is GREAT for a hydrangea....I hope the one I planted last summer comes up this year!  It didn't do too well...I have a better green thumb in my flowers on my card I think hehe.

2.  It's hard to see in the photo but I used one of our vintage trinket brads on the sentiment.  It's really cute and looks like a tiny old button.

3.  I also used my color spritzer with the concord crush marker to spritz the main image and the first edition DSP (I KNOW, I said I wouldn't use it....I just can't help myself *sigh*).

4.  The pear layer was run through the big shot and then I took my ink pad directly to the paper to distress and age it.  

Hope you enjoyed it, now I must get to work!  Happy stampin!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Because I Care (hostess)
Paper:  Very vanilla, concord crush, pear pizazz, bashful blue, first edition DSP
Ink: same (markers)
Accessories:  Decorative label and oval punches, linen embossing folder, vintage trinkets, crochet trim, color spritzer

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Mindy! I love the color combo and if I'm lucky enough to find a few minutes in my stamping room today, maybe I'll give it a try. The thumping technique is great for the hydrangea and the First Edition DSP is the perfect accent! ;-) You make beautiful vintage-style cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...