Monday, December 13, 2010

Glitzy challenge!

I played along with Pals Paper Arts this week for their color challenge!  I thought it was gorgeous with all the gold, white, ivory and silver.

So, this color combo made me think immediately of the Rejoicing in Christmas set.  There hasn't been a religious set in a while that I've loved until this one came around in the mini.  I thought it would look fab embossed in gold.  The details are hard to see in the picture but it's very sparkly in real life as I used the shimmery white paper for the background.  And on one, I sponged the edges of the main image with shimmer paint (very subtle) and then the other one I ran some of the smooch accent ink around for a more bold effect.  I also added a gold shimmer brad...LOVE those!  It's a simple card but sort of elegant...I like it and hope you do too!






Stampin supplies
Stamps: Rejoicing in Christmas
Paper: shimmery white, very vanilla, whisper white
Ink:  versamark, crumb cake
Accessories: shimmer paint, smooch accent ink, glimmer brads, very vanilla seam binding, petals a plenty embossing folder, gold embossing powder, decorative label punch

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the texture! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant - the gold is beautiful on it! So glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...