Tuesday, October 19, 2010

13 Days of Halloween - Day 6

Hi stampers!  It's day 6 today and I have a super cute project for you.  It's inspired by an example in the mini catalog. I love how our catalogs are more than just that, they have WONDERFUL ideas and inspiration in them!   I actually made this project (the insert that is) twice.  Here is the first version.  


So why did I make two versions???  Because I loved it in the mini catalog and I didn't have the DSP they had used to make it.  So, I improvised and this is how it turned out.  Not bad, instead of the DSP I just used white CS and used one of the bat decor elements images in the upper right corner.  I loved how they used the swirly image from the set Baroque Motifs....I NEVER would have thought to use it for Halloween but it totally worked.  My colors here are pumpkin pie, basic black and pear pizzaz.  Unfortunately in this version (the second)



I used old olive by accident instead.  For some reason I keep forgetting about my in colors this year!  I was bummed that I messed up but it still looks ok (even though I prefer the pear) and I didn't want to waste this piece of DSP since I had cut it and stamped on it already.

So how did I make it?  It was so easy.  I first applied my Happy Halloween decor element on the FRONT of the glass in the frame.  Putting it on the front is important as it would be backwards on the inside.  Next, I simply cut the DSP to the size of the frame (8 x 10 in this case) and then stamped on it.  The DSP is from the Nite Owl pack in the holiday mini.  I made sure I cut it so that the fence on the bottom and the tree would show. 

As you can see in the pic, I have it up by my DE pumpkins and it looks totally cool and spooky!  Hope you enjoyed today's project.  I have to work late every night but today this week and all day Saturday (booooo) so I hope to have time to share more projects with you...I'll try hard!!!!  Thanks for looking and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...