Wednesday, October 13, 2010

13 Days of Halloween - Day 4

Hey stampers, I better get crackin' here!  Not too many days before H-ween and I promised 13 days of projects!  No worries, I'm gonna do it!  So, here is tonight's (it will be quick as it's late and I need to get to bed!).  Today I have a pumpkin for you. 

Isn't he cute?  He was so easy to make and didn't take long at all.  The longest part was waiting for the glue to dry!  All I did was to cover 4 decor elements blocks (they are MDF type blocks 3 x 3 square and come 4 to a set) with pumpkin pie textured card stock cut into 3 x 3 squares.  And you only need to cover the front, sides, and top since you can't see the back, bottom, or middle!  It takes 10 total.  I used the tombow multi glue for this.  It has one end with a flat applicator and then you spread it around and stick the paper on the block.  Easy as pie.  I also glued the blocks together after I got all the paper on and then tied the ribbon around the whole thing.  Here is what it looked like before I started (don't mind that there are only three blocks, I got the idea to take this pic after I'd made Mr. Pumpkin and it looks like I broke into this set of blocks and only used one, whoops...time to order more!).



Those ugly brown things, those are the blocks.  Cool huh?

Next, I applied my decor element pumpkin face and I was almost done!  All I did then was add a "stem" with brown ribbon and cut a few very thin strips of old olive.  I wrapped them around my paper piercer and glued them on as little curly tendrils.  This pumpkin is great....it won't get old and moldy and mushy AND no one will smash it in the street:-) 

Hope you enjoyed the project!  See you soon and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...