Thursday, October 7, 2010

13 Days of Halloween - Day 2

Hi stampers!  I'm back for the second day of 12 Days of Halloween.  Check out today's SUPER awesome project.  It's a haunted house....just lookie:

Isn't it just the cutest thing ever????  I made it using the design-a-house from the Holiday Mini catalog and the great part is that they are under $6!!!!  It's made of a sturdy white chip board and comes flat.  All you have to do it bend it up and use some sticky strip to glue it together.  I was afraid it would be hard but it had really clear directions and was super easy!  It also has a great template so that you can cut paper to glue to it as I did with the roof and the wicked fun DSP.  The tombow multi liquid glue is fab for this project!

Now, for all the other little details....it does come with a little door knob but I used a glitter brad instead.  I also spray painted it black.  The windows are just daffodil delight that I stamped on and then glued to the inside.  The medallion on the front is just a strip of DSP folded every quarter of an inch accordion style and then folded in on itself!  And those bats!  Now that idea came from the SU guru herself, Shelli!  Simply ink up some basic black CS with versamark and then heat emboss the whole thing with iridescent ice embossing powder and you have instant glitter paper.  I just punched them out with the bat punch.  Finally, the chimney has some waffle paper smoke coming out of it and I used some more tombow glue to adhere some chunky black glitter on the edge. 

I kind of want to do more with it but don't want it to be toooo busy.  But really, there are SOOOOO many things you could do here!  And I can't wait to make a Christmas or gingerbread house and a Valentine's house!!!!  Anyway, that's the project for today.  I'll leave you with the other views of it.  Hope you liked it!  Happy stamping...or building as the case may be:-)



2 comments:

  1. ha! too cute mindy! I love the waffle paper in the chimney, hey how do you do that circle thing on the front of your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mindy this is so cute! I have two of them sitting in my craft room, guess I should get busy. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...