Sunday, August 29, 2010

Messy Mindy

So I had a swap due this weekend for the AWESOME Holiday Mini that comes out on the first.  I guess I work better under pressure because I finished right under the wire last weekend so I could get to the PO to ship them last week.  Not that I actually HAD much time to work on them in the past few weeks with football starting anyway!  BUT swaps are always a challenge for me...why???  Because I suck (or tend to think I suck) at designing cards, I'm usually a serial case-er!  I should do more swaps (but can't really afford it with the supplies and postage, haha) because it realllllly pushes me to get creative.  The card I ended up with amazed me, I was pretty proud of it (just call me Jan Tink, YILM)!  I'll show it another time, once I know the swaps have gone out!  I designed it late one night and it took a good couple of hours.  And here is what happened to my poor desk in the aftermath....

Now, it's probably looked worse but still, there was stuff everywhere!  Anyway it kind of got the juices flowing and so I was able to stamp today and came up with this little gem:

I just love the Jolly Old Saint Nick set and you can get it on the first!  The holly jolly Christmas is from the set called "bright Christmas".  The glass glitter is also in the mini and it's fab!!!!  So vintage and really adds that extra something!  I'm using a lot of it!  I'm also practicing my water coloring and think I'm doing a bit better!  Anyway that's about it for tonight, hope you enjoy the card!  I'll list the supplies here:

Stamps:  Bright Christmas, Jolly Old Saint Nick
Paper: watercolor, always artichoke, cherry cobbler, crumb cake
Ink: crumb cake, artichoke, cherry cobbler, garden green, riding hood red
Accessories:  Crochet trim, crystal effects (to glue the glitter), champagne glass glitter,scallop trim border punch

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Minders. Glad your desk looks like mine after a card stamping marathon :-)

    I love the soft colors you used on this and the little crochet trim and glitter are the perfect touch
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...